Thursday, August 26, 2010

School Open House

Tonight was our elementary school open house, so I opened up the library for the parents to visit. My library aide volunteered to come and help out. I feel that the open house was a complete success in the library. The kids were so excited to see the aide and they were so proud to take ownership of their library. It was fun to watch the kids lead their parents around to show them where they look for books, and where they sit when they read. It reinforced in my mind how important the library is to a school district. It gives the students one more place to learn and take ownership. My aide does a terrific job with the kids and that was very clear as they gave her hugs and wanted to introduce their parents. I am very fortunate.
I really look forward to connecting the activities in the elementary library with the topics and activities in the classrooms. I know it will take time, but after tonight, I can clearly see it will be worth every effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment