Sunday, August 22, 2010

Nice Rides


My daughter and I took a couple nice rides last week. Last Sunday morning we took a guided tour of the inner planets of the community Solar System. Sheldon Schafer, curator of the community Solar System, gave the tour. His knowledge and company were enjoyable, but what I really liked about the ride was that it took me places in Peoria that I have never been to before. The ride also took me places that I have been, but I have never really taken the time to explore; this is one of the things I love about riding.

Another ride we took was the mid-section of the Rock Island Trail. We rode from Dunlap to Stark. Besides discovering the new features of the trail and towns, the quiet of the trail north of Dunlap was very relaxing. We can't wait for our next ride.

1 comment:

  1. It's so nice that you can bike with Kaleigh. She will have fond memories of your trip as she grows.

    ReplyDelete