Friday, October 28, 2011

A Favorite Book

"Children's literature is the most important literature of all because it has the capacity to change people, to open their eyes; it's part of the growing process."  Neil Gaiman.  Neil Gaiman is one of my favorite authors and his book, The Graveyard Book, is one that I frequently recommend to students in the library.  It was by far the best book I read in 2010 topping even my first reading of The Hunger Games!
While listening to NPR this evening, I discovered a segment called "NPR's Back-Seat Book Club" and Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book was being discussed.  A natural choice with Halloween on Monday.  He had so many interesting things to say that I won't repeat here because I encourage you to click on this link to read the NPR story and listen to the interview.
After listening, you will want to definitely want to check out the book.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment