Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Avatars: The Real You or Not



I've played around with using avatars a year ago or thereabouts, and I really was not happy with them. I can never get one that I feel resembles me (I mean, when your handsome and all... ahem). Then, I tried coming up with some that fit my likes. Then, I created crazy avatars. The trouble with those is I would get tired of them and want to always change them, and I think consistency is important. So I gave up on using avatars. I did try a couple today and created, again, interesting representations, but nothing that I like to use as a regular. I used Picassoheads and Reasonably Clever lego avatars. I have also used voki in the past without any pleasing results. Yes, that is a lego avatar of me being a famous treasure hunter like Indiana Jones.

I like using pictures of some famous people or characters. On Facebook, I am represented with a famous picture of my favorite president. I have also been Han Solo, Snoopy, and Spiderman. Lots of people complained that they weren't sure it was me. They have gotten over that and now everyone knows on Facebook that I am my favorite president.

I am not a big fan of using a picture of me to represent myself for...well...I don't know. Privacy? No good pictures of myself? I don't have a good reason, but I usually don't use pictures of me. Obviously, if you go to the bottom of the page you will see a picture of me. I figure it is only fair that if you are taking the time to read the ramblings of the Cycling Librarian, you might as well know what I look like. So, avatars? I'm not a big fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment