Friday, November 5, 2010

National Young Readers Week

I am very excited about a program I have next week in the elementary school. In celebration for National Young Readers Week, I have invited guest readers to read their favorite stories and tell their story about how reading impacts their lives. I am really excited about the guests I have lined up. They are: Illinois State Senator, Dave Koehler; Illini Bluffs Elementary Principal, Mrs. Huene; U.S. Congressional Candidate and Lakeview Museum curator, Sheldon Schaefer; Illini Bluffs Middle School Principal, Mrs. Peterson; Illini Bluffs Technology Coordinator, Mr. Barclay; Illini Bluffs High School Principal, Mr. Stoner; Illini Bluffs Superintendent, Dr. Light; Peoria Chiefs radio play-by-play announcer, Nathan Baliva; Peoria Journal Star reporter and columnist, Steve Tarter; and Peoria County Board Member, Tom O'Neill.
Several teachers have been willing to change their schedules so all of the students will get to visit with a guest reader. I am really looking forward to seeing the students interact with visitors and I am looking forward to hearing what the guest readers have to say about reading. Hopefully this time next week I will have some great pictures and stories to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment